There are many scenarios when a homeowner might require a skip service; it might be that you are planning a kitchen revamp, or are about to create a stunning terrace. Here are a few tips to help you find the ideal skip provider.
- Ordering the Right Size Skip – Many homeowners make the mistake of ordering a skip that is too small, which means you will need a repeat delivery and that will end up costing you more in the long run. It is always best to over-estimate the size of skip you’re going to need, and if it ends up half full, it isn’t the end of the world. While you might like to save money by ordering a small skip, you run the risk of needing a double collection, which will work out more expensive than if you had hired a bigger unit.
- Eco-Friendly Solutions – Of course, you care about what happens to your waste as you watch the skip hire truck disappear around the corner. With a Melbourne skip bin hire service that recycles 90% of the collected waste, you can rest assured that your waste will end up being put to good use rather than being dumped in a landfill. Do a little research on the provider prior to ordering, which will help you to make an informed decision.
- The Need for a Permit – If you happen to live in Australia, you should be aware that in some states, you will need a permit if you wish to locate the bin on the street. The skip provider would be able to tell you whether or not you will need a permit, and can also help you in the event that you do require permission. If the skip is going to be located on your land, then you will not need a permit.
- Read the Small Print – While most waste removal companies offer a straightforward service, some have extra costs, depending on how long you have the skip. It makes sense to clarify everything related to the service. Most skip suppliers would have a FAQ page on their website which should tell you what you want to know. Check that their quote is, in fact, all-inclusive, just to be on the safe side.
- Check That Your Waste is Acceptable – Obviously, some things are considered as hazardous, and no matter what you wish to have taken away, always check that this is acceptable with the skip hire company. Most will remove hazardous waste, and, of course, they would need to know in advance if you are looking to have hazardous waste removed.
Using the Internet, it is very easy to compare prices, and if you happen to know someone who has recently used a skip hire firm, you can ask them about the service. If they give a favourable report, this can help you make your choice. By dealing with an eco-friendly waste removal company, you have the peace of mind in knowing that your waste will be put to good use in some form or another.