Leggings have been around for a while now. They’ve weathered every storm thrown their way. Today, leggings are a daily routine for many ladies. In fact, a number of them wear leggings to work, but the dressing mode will depend on the company.
While leggings remain a fashionable piece of clothing, many women still make mistakes when choosing the right leggings. In this article, you’ll learn how to choose the perfect type of leggings for your body.
Choosing the Perfect Type of Leggings
Choosing the right pair of leggings might sound easy, but there’s quite a lot that goes into coming with the correct choice. Speaking of choice, you can find more at Cradle of Goth, but in the meantime, find out how to choose the right type of leggings.
Size matters in all types of clothing. Gone are the days when baggy clothing was a trend. When it comes to leggings, the balancing act is even tougher. You need to find leggings that fit. Fitting here means neither too loose nor too tight.
The legging should fit your body, but you can still wear loose ones only with a top which goes below the hips. To get the right fit, get your size right. You can measure yourself or get a professional. However, keep in mind that sizes vary from one brand to another, therefore on top of knowing your size, it’s good to also fit the legging before buying.
Leggings vary in length. Nevertheless, you have a choice of what you’ll pair them with, but the bottom line remains to look fashionable. Let’s take a look at some of the different lengths.
- Workout leggings – Forget about sweatpants. Now you have an option of leggings in your wardrobe the next time you hit the gym or go for a run.
- Stockings – Get this right. Stockings should not replace leggings. They might be similar in some way, but don’t get it twisted. Stockings cover your legs when wearing skirts or in dresses.
- Printed leggings – Printed leggings add some flair, style,and character to your outfit. However, there’s a catch. These attractive designs appeal to the eye when on the hanger, but appear different after you put them on. This will depend on the type or legging and the body size. Also, make sure to wear something monotone as a top when wearing printed leggings.
- Stir up leggings –These leggings make a comeback and you can wear them with almost anything in the wardrobe.
- Knee length – You can use these while travelling, walking, running, hiking or during a gym or yoga session.
- Ankle length –These leggings go with anything – capes, coats, tunics,and dresses among others. They also pair well with almost any footwear making them the sexiest of all leggings.
- ¾ Length –These aren’t the best for a formal engagement, but they pass for other set-ups. You can pair them with short tops. Also, since they end right at the calf, you have to be quite confident about what lays beyond. Otherwise, they might not be the best choice.
- Full length –These leggings go beyond the ankle and you can wear them with tunics, Indian Kurtisorboho tops.
When leggings hit the market, they were available in black or white. However, with the rise in popularity, other colors made an entrance. Some include neon leggings, colored and contrasted leggings.
Lycra and cotton form a huge percentage of the leggings in the market. Nevertheless, you can find suede
and leather choices at the store to add some style to your outfit.
Leggings offer a quick and stylish choice when pressed for time and choices. However, it’s crucial for you to get the perfect combination to come up with an outstanding outfit or else you risk looking a clown. The tips outlined in this article will help you a great deal the next time you hit the store for a pair of leggings.