There are many different stages of a relationship. Each of those stages is contributing to the successful growth of the relationship. It is quite common that people will find numerous issues such as growing apart, not getting love, or feeling less important. This kind of situation is common when one partner’s feelings get less involved with the relationship. That will require taking proper steps to regain back the intimacy in their relationship, which the licensed counselors at ReGain can help with.
Most of the problems emerging between couples are mainly because of the lack of time. As a result, they do not have enough time to spend with each other. This will further result in conflict between the partners and negative feelings for each other. People are normally not interested in seeing a therapist. Under such a situation, they can follow certain steps to maintain intimacy between them.
- Chat: Always plan for a time when you can talk about each other’s sex life. It will help you to discuss different issues that your partner might be facing. Even one should be open while sharing their own concerns. This will help people to share each other’s life events and build a more caring relationship for each other. That will ultimately lead to better intimacy.
- Maintain Contact: Whenever you are talking with your partner, always try to maintain contact either by holding hands. This kind of physical connection tends to calm your partner and help in building a stronger bond. An intimate bond that is created by contact is capable of building more intimacy which mere words can’t.
- Talk being easy: While talking with your partner, use loving language. Make them realize that how much you like to touch them and wants to start by cuddling them. Even you can give them a massage for more comfort.
- Disclose for a closer talk: Disclosing is the best way of knowing each other. Couples should always be open in disclosing their things with their partners. It helps in building more stronger relationships and improving the intimacy between them. One can also initiate intimate conversations while disclosing their stuff. This will help them to have more close-talk while getting intimate with each other.
- Make it harder to walk away: Expressing the feelings is the most important parameter which can bring your partner closer. One should express their feelings in a way such that your partner feels it difficult to walk away. Instead, your partner will get more involved with the conversation and intimacy with which you are willing to get engaged with them.
All these ways are beneficial for developing a healthy relationship and regain back the lost relationship. Doing that will even help in growing intimacy in the existing relationship, which can bring the couples more closer. With this, they will never require any counselor, too as they are already so close and having proper communication with each other. Still, if they think that these ways were not enough, they always have an open door for counseling.