A bathroom-remodeling project, whether DIY or extensive, is not an easy feat. If you are a homeowner who has no technical proficiency in designing and remodeling, this task will definitely require ample research and planning. But don’t be intimidated by this thought. As long as you know the do’s and don’ts ahead of time, you can be sure your home renovation will be a success.
Bathroom Remodeling DON’TS
- Don’t forget about good lighting and ventilation. These are two major components for any bathroom renovation. When you go to the bathroom, you want to feel relaxed and refreshed, don’t you? That’s where good ventilation comes in. Apart from the obvious reasons, good lighting will make your obligatory mirror selfie Instagrammable.
- Don’t be sidetracked with fads. While looking for inspiration online, you may come across various trends. This is both good and bad. Good—because you will find a lot of ideas. Bad—because you may easily get overwhelmed and distracted. When you are feeling confused, always think about the long-term and functional fixtures.
- Don’t do electrical and plumbing works yourself. You may be a DIY enthusiast who wants to keep things simple and creative, but you cannot treat everything as a do-it-yourself project (for example, the electrical and plumbing works). If you are a trained professional in both fields, though, then sure, go ahead.
Bathroom Remodeling DO’S
- Do choose your design inspiration. Every room design starts with inspiration. If you have been planning this for a long time, chances are you already have an idea of what you want your dream bathroom to look and feel like. For a solid reference, find interior design magazines online and pin your favorites. You can show your pins later to your trusted bathroom remodeling contractor in Los Angeles.
- Do remember to incorporate storage options. Storage cabinets should be included in your design. This is where you will keep your toiletries, linens, and first-aid essentials. If your budget allows it, you can go for a bigger walk-in vanity closet too. Otherwise, plan your storage options wisely.
- Do make a list. Making a (to-do or to-buy) list may be old-school, but this is still very effective, especially when you want to stay within your budget.
Planning on a bathroom-remodeling project may sound exciting, but working on it may also require patience. Remember the do’s and don’ts, and don’t hesitate to discuss your remodeling plans with your contractor.