If you are going to buy a new house or if you are about to make some smart renovations to your existing one then you’d obviously love the idea of installing energy efficient equipment in the house so that you have to pay lesser electricity and gas bills. And well, if that’s the case and if you really are looking forward to shifting to cost and energy efficient equipment then you need to stick with us till the end of the article because today we are going to talk about tank water heaters and tankless water heaters so that you can have a clearer idea on which one of them is the best option for you.
What Is A Tankless Water Heater?
For those who don’t know about it, a tankless water heater is also known as an on-demand water heater. This heater works with the help of some high powered burners that help in quickly heating up the water. When you open up a tap or a faucet, the water in the tank passes from the heat exchanger and then you get the hot water directly through it. These heaters are powered with gas or electricity just as you like it and on top of everything, the tankless water heaters are known to be 22% more energy efficient than the traditional water heaters. For more information about the energy efficiency of these heaters, just search on the internet for the best tankless water heater and you will have all the information in front of you.
- You can save yourself a lot of money in the long run
- These heaters are durable, and they can work for you for longer time periods
- Less space consumption
- You can get hot water anytime you need it
- These heaters deliver 2 to 3 gallons of hot water every minute so you won’t ever run short of hot water.
- These heaters are expensive
- The installation cost of a tankless water heater can be too much at times
- If a lot of people are taking shower all at the same time and then if at that time you are doing laundry too then yes, you can run short of hot water and your tankless water heater won’t be able to cope up with the demand.
What Is A Storage Tank Water Heater?
You probably already have a storage tank water heater in your house because right now most of the people are using these heaters. As per the name indicated, these heaters store and then heat water in a reservoir. There’s an insulated tank present in these heaters and these tanks can easily hold 30 to 50 gallons of water. There’s a pipe on top of the storage tank water heaters that directly delivers the water from the main source.
- Lesser installation cost and lesser purchasing cost too
- Less maintenance required as these heaters work on a simpler mechanism
- Low-cost repairing
- The utility bills are sometimes a lot
- These heaters need to be replaced every now and then
- They take more space than the tankless water heaters
- These heaters have a shorter useful life and the storage tanks also need to be replaced every now and then.
Honestly, if you are someone who is ready to spend a little extra money on something that is high in quality and beneficial in the long run then you need to opt for the tankless water heaters. These heaters might cost you a bit more in the beginning but at the end of the day they will save you from the maintenance cost and you will also be able to get more hot water any time you want.