The essential requirement for every human being is food, clothing, and shelter. You cannot ignore even one of these three elements to live a peaceful, satisfying life. No matter where you live and what type of weather conditions prevail there, you need these essentials. Therefore, when it comes to shelter, one should always choose a high-quality roof that can sustain in all extreme conditions. Having some knowledge can go a long way in helping you select the best.
You must have heard so many people saying not to invest in the pricey roof. But the fact doesn’t change that roofing is a one-time investment that can aid you to survive in any conditions, especially if you live in a storm-prone area. Metal roofs are a fantastic option and provide several advantages and benefits. Let’s have a look at some of the pros of metal roofs;
- Metal roofs are durable.
- These roofs have a high lifespan and can last for more than seven decades if you take proper care of it.
- Few roofing contractors provide lifetime warranties for metal roofs for almost fifty to seventy years. Moreover, Storm Pros Roofing provides an excellent storm-resistant roofing system for your house.
- One of the flagship advantages of metal roofs is that it can shield you from hurricanes, typhoons, and sturdy winds, for up to a hundred and fifty miles per hour.
- You can install this type of roofs on top of your existing roof. It will prevent the older roof from further decaying.
- Metal roofs are environment friendly. Several questions arise in our minds when we say that metal tiles are milieu friendly.
- Metal tiles are recyclable, and thus, you can provide your support in a cause to save the earth.
- Metal roofs are renowned for their low maintenance. Metal does not rot, or split, therefore, you need not worry about the high maintenance expenditure in the near future.
- You can find various sites online which show you how you can customize the metal roof for your home. Additionally, if you contribute to additional customization, you will save up more money. Besides online channels, there are various stores where you buy brochures and guides on DIY metal roofing. Such materials can aid you in improving the overall look of your house.
- Metal roofs offer several advantages, but also possess some con points:
Metal roofs are expensive. The cheapest metal roof is equivalent to the cost of the most exclusive conventional roofing. Nevertheless, in most cases, you will retrieve almost eighty percent of these costs on lower energy bills, low insurance, and negligible maintenance costs. The roof repair contractor may charge a premium for the repair job. Therefore, you should invest some more money first-hand and save yourself from trouble for the next forty to fifty years.
Metal roofs are easily predisposed to dents and scratches. Metal roofs can withstand robust winds and storms, but when hail drops on the surface, the metal is susceptible to marks. There are surfaces that you can choose that provide better protection and hide any surface inadequacies.
The number of pros of metal roofs outweighs the disadvantages. If you take proper care, then metal roofs can act as a significant investment. Apart from metal roofs, you have a variety of roofs that you can choose from. There are several traditional as well as modern options available in the market.
Built-up roofs are a conventional type of roofing system. This type of roofing system is in the industry for more than one hundred years and is used extensively throughout the world. Such roofs comprise alternating coatings of asphalt and secondary fabric with the top-most layer of stone and gravel. The built-up roofs are renowned for its vast lifespan of fifteen to thirty years. These roofs deliver ultra-violet shield coupled with excellent waterproofing. The top layer of gravel aids in making the roofs fire resistant. The annual maintenance is low, but the installation price is massive, and the work is tedious. It results in people not preferring built-up roofs as a first alternative.
The single-ply roofs comprise a single layer, which is mostly a flexible material, such as plastic. These roofing systems are low-priced and are lightweight. Due to such advantages, you can use these roofs for re-covering purposes. There are different types of single-ply roofs that you can select. There exist single-ply roofs with thermoplastic and thermoset membranes for added advantage and customization. The thermoset single-ply roofs constitute rubber-based thermoset membranes. Different substances used are ethylene propylene diene monomer membranes. These have high durability, and you can seal these with the help of adhesives. On the other hand, the thermoplastic single-ply roofs make use of polyvinyl chloride and thermoplastic polyolefin. The usage of these material aids in extending the lifespan of single-ply roofs for up to ten years. You can join such materials by either exposing it to heat or summing it with the aid of a solvent.
Modified bitumen roofs have been a long-lasting roofing option. These types of roofing systems are suitable for flat roofs. Modified bitumen roofs provide a huge plus in comparison to the built-up roofs in the sense that they are resilient to change in climate and can last for up to twenty years. Bitumen roofs possess extraordinary tensile strength. Many reliable organizations offer such roofing services that include roof replacement, roof repairs, and residential as well as commercial installations of the roof.
Nevertheless, finding a reliable roofing contractor is also a major task. You must evaluate the skill sets of the roofing contractors and ensure that they truly understand your issues. Some of the roof repair contractors offer a free consultation service. You can avail such type of offers and discounts to gain better insight into the condition of your roof. Take some time to check out the potential contractors in your area, and you will save yourself from a lot of future trouble.