College life may be frustrating sometimes and we understand how hard it can be to cope with all assignments. When it comes to book reviews, students sometimes think something like “What can I say except I like it or not? Maybe it’s better to pay someone to write a paper instead of me?” No worries, mates. Here is the instruction on writing book reviews.
Write a summary
The summary will reveal the theme, genre, main characters, and the central conflict in the story without revealing any spoilers or the story’s ending. Ensure, but you do not mention anything that happens past the midpoint of the movie. Go ahead to set the stage for them, but it gives them a sense of the book without explaining the resolution.
Present the evaluation
Ensure that your evolution is not only based on this objective opinion which you have even though you have to give your take in the review. Present how you reacted to the overall story and the effects it had on you. You should also try to get as objective as possible in critiquing the book through its strong and weak elements and the go-ahead to provide some of the examples to bolster your points.
Press this to in writing your evaluation to record all your reactions or thoughts as you continue working away through the novel you plan to review. Some of the elements that you can include are
- The genre that the movie fits into. Explain how it matches up to the expectations that you had for that particular genre.
- Explain the perspective or the point of view that the movie uses. Ensure you mentioned how it contributes to the whole story.
- Mention the story’s theme and the elements that underscore the theme or those that make it apparent or vivid to the reader.
- Ask yourself if the story begins with an action or exposition. Then, ensure that you tell your readers some of the elements introduced within the first chapter.
- Ensure that the story is well edited and there are no grammatical errors or spelling mistakes.
Provide your recommendation
Your luck should recommend to the readers. To do this, you can compare it to another book that lies in the same genre or reach the author with another author with a similar writing style. It would help if you also shared why you may or may not have enjoyed the book’s title. You also need to mention the expectations you had. For example, if you’re a farmer reading a book containing the benefits of a vegetarian, you will be going in with a lot of bias that the reader will undoubtedly struggle to get through. Finally, the recommendations you provide must cover your thoughts on the book as you consider your perspective before starting a reading.
It can be such a rewarding experience to write book reviews. If you are a book lover, it will be an excellent opportunity to guide other readers to try other favorites. However, if you’re just getting started and trying all you hard to do as a reviewer, the best thing to do is practice because, after all, practice makes perfect.
After having made all the basics of writing a book review, you can check through other websites to streamline your skill so that you can only better your yesterday.