Let’s face it. Every romantic relationship gets rough and bumpy as time passes by. Whether the problem is on your end or your partners, it doesn’t matter that much. What matters is that both parties are aware that there is a problem, and both parties are willing to make it work. Relationships work only if both parties are eager to do the work.

One way to make a relationship work is through couples’ therapy. It happens when a licensed professional therapist or psychologist helps the couple resolve their issues. When you’re living around Campbell or San Jose, California, be sure to check out Couples Therapy Campbell CA.

The idea of getting into couple therapy can be daunting to most couples, especially for those who haven’t tried it. The idea might be intimidating at first, but the effectiveness of such treatment is high in numbers.

Couple’s therapy using Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) is about 75 percent effective according to the American Psychological Association. Those remaining 25 percent which “failed” the treatment has been recorded to be in abusive relationships where EFT seems to have a low success rate.

  • Some benefits of couple’s therapy:
  • Increased intimacy with one another.
  • Solves conflicts in the relationship.
  • Settle differences, especially when making significant decisions in their relationship.
  • Improve communication with each other.

How to Make the Most from Your Couples Therapy


Being in a relationship has ups and downs. The willingness to change and commitment to fix the relationship is an essential factor in a healthy marriage. Here are a few tips on how to make your couple’s therapy work.

  • Do work.

You still need to do the work even when a counselor is helping out. It is benefiting both you and your partner individually because you might discover a thing or two about yourselves that you did not know before.

  • It takes time.


Being into therapy is not a one-way street. Together you need to invest a tremendous amount of time for it to work and help reach your goals regarding the relationship.

  • The therapist will not tell you what to do

Therapists will not give you advice on how to go on with your relationship or help you make decisions. Instead, they will both make you realize what the things needed to be done to resolve your problems because that’s how therapy works are.

Couples Therapy Campbell CA also offers other therapy services for individual psychotherapy, depression, anxiety, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), and consultations. They provide a personalized approach to the client’s needs.

Moreover, they offer specialized treatments for life transitions, self-esteem, career guidance, school guidance, parenting support, grief counseling, LGBTQ topics, polyamory, women’s issues, conflict resolution, and ADHD.

Getting help can be the most challenging thing to do, but it is also the first step to solving your problems. There is no harm in trying out a therapy that is proven to work if partners are willing to do the required work to fix their relationship.

Once you’re into couple’s therapy, all you need to do is to show up in every session and do the appropriate work to make the most out of it. Remember, all issues can be fixed with the help of intervention.