Drunk or distracted driving is considered seriously by the judiciary. It can be lethal to other drivers, the costs of a DUI incident are, therefore, quite high.
Those who have been accused of a DUI are generally released for a particular duration, pay a substantial penalty, and spend time in prison, especially if they keep repeating the offense.
Even if your DUI lawyer cannot dismiss the case, he or she can reduce the sentence or make sure that the situation is more manageable. Legal representation is seldom inexpensive, but a qualified Nashville DUI Lawyer should assist you with the results of your case.
Court Hearings of a Nashville DUI Case
The arraignment will likely be your first court date. Typically, at this meeting, the criminal complaints are discussed. You are questioned how you register and notified of the forthcoming schedules of the court.
- The case will be prosecuted by an attorney from the District Attorney General department of the 20th Judicial District.
- It would be a wise decision to have a Nashville DUI Lawyer representing your interests. DUI instances can be complicated, and a specialist can assist you to minimize the adverse effects of a DUI on your private, professional, and social lives.
- If you cannot afford a lawyer, email the Office of the Public Defender to see if they can assist you.
Can You Beat a DUI Case in Nashville?
If you failed or blew over a.08 during a breathalyzer test in Nashville, Tennessee, you may think that a DUI guilty verdict is unavoidable. It doesn’t have to be the case.
The findings of a field exam for sobriety, breathing test, or even blood or urine test do not automatically result in a DUI judgment. The sample findings function as proof to be put forward at the court and do not address the issue of one’s guilt.
- Beating a DUI case during the traffic stop. Before he or she can prevent you, a police officer must have a correct legal base. Also, the agent must have adequate legal support before you can pass the sobriety exams in the classroom.
There is no legal justification for the police officer to adduce the tests, your lawyer can battle to have this proof destroyed in your DUI/DWI case.
- Beating a DUI case with the field sobriety and BAC exams. Just because field sobriety or blood alcohol (BAC) test was unsuccessful does not imply that you will be sentenced. For instance, if the police did not provide adequate instructions for taking field sobriety tests or didn’t correctly interpret the outcomes, the findings could prove incorrect.
If blood alcohol exams are not correctly administered, they may be invalid.
Even though you have every right to represent yourself in a DUI trial, it is virtually never a successful scheme. The studying curve is steep and only offers significant knowledge. Lack of proper understanding and trial abilities will place you in court at a severe disadvantage.
The judiciary usually has little patience with self-represented accused who do not understand the court laws. The endpoint is that you don’t want to attempt a DUI case on your own— you should have a lawyer if you go to court.