The five paragraph essay format is commonly used in school to prepare students to extend their writing capabilities beyond the three paragraph essay format. Students need to follow a system that allows them to express their viewpoints within the format given to them; in this case, it would be the five paragraph format. The method is actually quite simple. The essay should include an introduction, three body paragraphs, and a conclusion. A straightforward approach would be to introduce a topic, expand on three points that focus on the essay statement, and summarize what was said throughout the essay in the conclusion. The method is clear, but students tend to have doubts about how it can be implemented for different types of essays.
- Some basic elements have to be in place for the five paragraph essay format to be successful. Students have to frame the essay statement based on the viewpoint they would support throughout the essay. The focus should be on maintaining their stand without deviating from the main topic. A 500-word essay would be typical of such a format. The limited word count should prevent students from going off track.
- Think of three clear ideas to support the essay statement. In an argumentative essay writing format, three examples that support or oppose the essay statement would be included in three different paragraphs. These ideas would then be expanded using reference material and evidence that supports it. A logical sequence should be arranged in the order of importance. A simple solution would be to devote 100 words for each paragraph. It may help students plan out their essay better.
- A common problem that students face when write my essay is how to present a compare and contrast essay in five paragraphs. The content available to them would include one comparing paragraph and one contrasting paragraph. What happens to the third paragraph in the body of the essay? Again, there is a simple solution to this. Format the essay using three paragraphs, each comparing and contrasting three different ideas. The essay could extend to any number of paragraphs using this method.
- Referring to an essay format example is always a good idea. Examples are available in the school library, online academic resources, and media content in the form of audio or video. An ideal format would demonstrate how the essay is conceived from the planning stage till the conclusion. Each step should clearly indicate how the essay has to be developed.
- A competitive test would demand that students are able to exhibit superior writing skills that would interest readers over five paragraphs. Consider an exercise that requires a student to compile an essay fit to be submitted to an international admission panel for admission to a college. The only criterion is that the essay has to be written using five paragraphs. A practical solution at such an important juncture is to hire an online writer to compile an essay which could then be used as reference. DoMyWriting uses the latest methods and is well versed with academics requirements of a five paragraph essay format. It can meet international standards and has the tools and database to provide content on varied topics.
Arriving At the Optimum 5 Paragraph Essay Outline
A 5 paragraph essay outline would simply incorporate all content to be included within 5 paragraphs. Students often start with the basic 3 paragraph essay which includes the introduction, body of a single paragraph, and a conclusion. They then attempt essays in 5 paragraphs. The basic difference is that the body of the essay would be covered in 3 paragraphs instead of just one. The fundamentals of gathering content within an outline helps in creating a method that could be used for all 5-paragraph essays, irrespective of the topic.
The first paragraph would contain the introduction containing the essay statement. It is the most important statement in the essay. The topic is introduced to readers through the essay statement, which should attract readers like a magnet. It provides a clear picture of what is to follow in the essay without giving away the solution.
Readers are looking for solutions to their problems. The essay statement should convince them that the solution lies ahead in the essay. Some readers may be looking for fresh information. If they are convinced that they would benefit by reading the essay, they would continue reading it. This emotion has to invoked by the essay statement. The rest of the introduction could include support statements that link closely to the it. For example, in a persuasive essay, the support statements could provide the direction the essay would take in terms of arguments that support or oppose the essay statement.
In a 5 paragraph essay outline, the body of the essay would be divided into three paragraphs. In a persuasive essay, each paragraph would elaborate on an argument.
Again, each argument would link to the essay statement and to the other arguments sequentially. For example, if the topic were “Can smoking be banned in colleges,” the body of the essay would have support arguments either accepting the contention or not. In either case, the most likely reason would be listed first followed by less likely reasons. The arguments have to be backed by solid evidence from reliable sources. The 5 paragraph essay format would ensure that consistency is maintained throughout the 5 paragraphs in terms of writing style and connectivity between the paragraphs. A very good method would be to move into an argument with the help of examples, analysis, and an active discussion with strong viewpoints.
The conclusion just reiterates what was said earlier in the introduction and body of the essay. The purpose of the conclusion is to remind readers of the viewpoint held by the writer. Students must learn to end the 5-paragraph essay outline with a convincing conclusion. It can help generate a feeling of expectation by leading readers into an extension of the essay either in the form of some action they must take to complete their understanding of the topic or read supplementary information that would convince them further that that the writer’s viewpoint is the right one.
If the essay brings in more people to read it, the outline is effective. Writers could use the same outline for all 5-paragraph essay assignments.