Cannabutter recipes and edibles are far better than inhaling all that harmful smoke and carcinogens. THC molecules present in cannabis are fat-soluble compounds that easily get merged with the fat content present in butter.
Here are some easy homemade cannabutter recipes that are quick, delicious, and require very little effort to make. However, before getting to the recipe, you need to know how to prepare your own cannabutter at home.
Homemade Cannabutter Recipe:
Yields: ½ cup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter/salted butter
- 1/4 ounce finely grounded cannabis buds
- Melt the stick of butter on low flame in a saucepan. Add the ground cannabis and let it simmer on low heat for 45 minutes to one hour until it turns light green. Keep on stirring the mixture.
- Strain the butter in a tight glass jar. Squeeze till the last drop of potent butter and discard the plant material.
- Freeze the butter for at least an hour so that it can obtain its original form.
- And then you’re done with making your homemade cannabutter. Moving on to the next section- delicious cannabutter recipe.
Green Leafy Kale Salad with cannabutter:
- 1 pound kale
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 4-6 tbsp. Homemade cannabutter
- Wash the kale carefully and make sure to remove the middle stalk. Roughly chop the kale leaves into regular bite-size pieces.
- Take a saucepan and roast almonds over a medium flame. Keep on shaking the pan until you smell the almonds becoming roasted. It would take around 5 minutes. Remove it from heat.
- Dress the kale with warmed cannabutter, and toss it with the roasted almonds and serve warm.
Cannabutter chocolate chip cookies:
Serves: 10-15 cookies
- 2 1/5 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 ounces of homemade cannabutter
- 1 ounce of regular butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine dry ingredients including flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat the cannabutter, regular butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl until it turns into a creamy and foamy texture.
- Add eggs and beat again.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking tray and bake it for 9-11 minutes.
Can I use cannabutter in regular recipes?
Cannabutter can be used as a dressing in usual homemade recipes. You can also use it as bread spread. So, make large batches and store in the refrigerator to add into your favorite popcorns, pasta, and other edibles. But be careful about the dosage!
Precautions while using cannabutter:
No matter how delicious these cannabutter recipes are, you should not forget the fact that it could have harmful effects on your body. So, here are the precautions you need to take while consuming cannabutter:
- Do not use a high amount of cannabutter.
- Ask your physician before consuming cannabutter and be particular about the dosage.
- It can be used for recreational as well as medical use.
- Keep it away from children and do not let them consume any food item that contains any amount of cannabutter.
Cannabutter can be kept and stored for later use, so you don’t have to go through the process of making it repeatedly. Being careful about the dosage, you can make a lot of recipes that would suit your appetite and needs. So, this was all about cannabutter recipes. I hope you enjoyed it. If you had an unforgettable time making cannabutter, you can share your experiences in the comment section given below.