Mold is an allergen that forms in moist environments, and it can grow on almost any surface. Once mold starts growing inside a home, it can cause a whole host of medical problems. Some of the symptoms people may start to display if they live with mold are similar to allergies. Their skin can break out in a rash, and their eyes may become watery. The lungs, nose, and throat may get irritated by the mold spores and cause respiratory issues. Children, people with asthma other breathing conditions, the elderly, and anyone with an autoimmune disease should avoid mold exposure at all costs.

There are several common areas where mold is often found growing, so it is a good idea to routinely check these spots for any of the telltale signs of the growth. Underneath the sinks in the bathroom and kitchen is a prevalent problem spot. Often plumbing can quietly leak underneath a sink for sometime before it is noticed. Inside these cabinets is the perfect environment for mold to grow. The leaking pipe is the moisture source, and the damp, dark conditions will make mold flourish.

Humidity and condensation in a home can create an environment for mold. Mold particularly likes to grow behind wallpaper. The paper can trap moisture behind it, and the mold can quietly grow unseen underneath it. Carpet is another vehicle for mold. Mold underneath carpet or carpet padding can spread undetected for some time. Around windows is another area that water can seep in and allow mold to grow. Rain coupled with leaking window seals can allow moisture inside the siding, and the mold will begin to grow in the insulation, on the studs, and in the drywall. All of these situations will require various types of mold removal methods.

How do you know if you have mold if you cannot see it? One thing you may notice is a musty or damp smell. Mold has a distinct odor. If anyone in the household starts to have allergic symptoms, it would be time to have a mold inspection. You may not notice the scent, or you may have become used to the odor, but you might see discoloration on the walls, flooring, or inside cabinets. The stain could be the mold spores growing underneath.

Mold removal is dangerous work. If the mold is a form of black mold, it is a poison. Black mold is very toxic, and it should be treated like any other hazardous material. Mold removal is not simply cleaning the area, but it involves remediation, correction, and repair. Homeowners should not undertake mold removal until they know what type of mold they are dealing with and learn the proper techniques to protect themselves, other family members, and pets.

There are many steps involved in mold removal. The room or area must be sealed off from the rest of the home, so the mold spores do not spread. The individuals working in the room must wear protective clothing, eyeglasses, and special respiratory masks. Using the right face mask is extremely important, so you do not inhale the spores as they float through the air during the mold removal process. The room must be appropriately ventilated also, and once you have the molded drywall, carpet, or other items out, you must safely dispose of them. Mold removal is no average cleanup project and should be taken seriously.

Aloha Restoration is in the business of mold removal and remediation. The team members are trained to safely remove the spores and get your home back to its original condition or better. Aloha Restoration works with Aloha Construction, and they have been in the home remodeling and renovation industry since the mid 2,000s. Along with experience, Aloha Restoration has received and retains the highest grade, A+, from the Better Business Bureau.