The crime rates in your neighborhood might be low, and you might think, you don’t need a home warranty do you? Well, that would not be an efficient or safe choice for your home, because you have to worry about more than just thieves.
According to select home warranty reviews, home warranty and homeowners warranty are completely different, and there is a need for both. A home warranty helps you pay and recover for unexpected issues that may come up after you’ve purchased a home.
Homes have many features that can be subjected to wear and tear, and without proper, routine maintenance, the costs can compound pretty quickly.
10 Effective Ways to Keep Your Home Safe:
1. Unplug appliances: Every time you leave your home, unplug your appliances. Smaller appliances can also use a lot of energy, and keeping some appliances on can leave room for fires in your home.
2. Light timers: When you’re not at home, you want it to seem like there’s someone still living inside, to put off potential burglars. Light timers will automatically turn on the large lamps across different rooms and at different times.
3. Change your Thermostats: Turn the air down and save yourself some money when you aren’t using it. Especially when you leave the room, leave your house, or don’t particularly need it, turn it down.
4. Turn Your water heater down: When you aren’t using your water heater, turn it down so you can save energy. Keeping your heater on all day can spoil the device itself as well, and you might have to incur hefty costs for repair.
5. Turn your Water Valves Off: You can prevent leaks and flooding of your home during the monsoons by turning your water valves off. Turn off your dishwasher, washing machine, and sinks, especially if you’re not at home.
6. Smoke Alarm: Check your smoke alarm periodically, in case something is wrong. Replace your batteries regularly so that if something catches on fire, especially when no one’s at home, you and your warranty company can get alerts and notify the fire department.
7. Lock-off your Garage: Keep your garage doors locked at all points of the day, and cross-check every night that they’re shut. This includes closing any pet doors, windows, and so on. If you’re put for vacation, ensure that you remove your spare keys from under the mat or wherever you hide them.
8. Add cameras: If you feel the need, you can always add security cameras and other forms of security, that not only monitor and restrict the entry of strangers into your home but also send out instant alerts to you, your warranty company, and the local police station.
9. Check your plumbing: Periodically check to see if your plumbing is all good. Check your pipes to look for rust, frozen pipes, or leaks in your drains and plumbing lines. Ensure that there is no congestion and regularly clean out these vents.
10. Pools: Another important thing to consider when keeping your home safe and sound is to regularly check your pool’s filtration systems if you own one. If there is any problem, the best thing would be to completely clean your pool and its filtration system out or even buy a new one.
What Do Select Home Warranty Cover?
As per reviews, Select home warranty usually covers the following:
- Kitchen Appliances: It covers refrigerators, ovens and cooktops, garbage disposal, plumbing, and dishwasher. If any of these appliances go bust, the warranty will cover either full or partial costs, depending on the cause.
- Yard and outdoor appliances: It covers pools and spas, sprinkler systems, and even garage doors!
- Water and Temperature Systems: It covers water heaters, valves, electrical systems, central vacuum, roof leaks, AC systems, and more! It also includes plumbing systems like a septic system, well, and sump pump!
- Laundry Room: It covers washers and dryers, and can help you find individual parts that are specific for the repair of the same.
These 10 aspects are extremely important in keeping your house safe, but we understand that it may not be easy to stay on top of it 24/7. This is why, according to Select Home Warranty reviews, getting a home warranty that covers all the above is the best idea for you!