Whatever reason you may be renting a car for, you should never treat the car like your own simply because it isn’t yours. It’s a one-time thing. If you are renting a car for the first time, this article is to explain 10 Things you shouldn’t do when renting a car. Read on! Also, see here if you’re looking for where to find limo rentals in Toronto.
Ten Things You Shouldn’t Do When Renting A Car.
- Do not forget to do a thorough assessment; before renting a car always check the entire status of the car. Don’t be casual about it, be meticulous and point out any damage you come across to the people in charge. This way damages not caused by you cannot be pinned on you.
- Do not forget to check your Insurance; Before going ahead to buy insurance from the car hire company, ensure you truly need it first by checking if your insurance covers rental vices. If it does, well, then you are ready to go.
- Never Prepay for Gas/ Fuel/ Petrol; prepaying for gas is highly unnecessary except you are leaving in the wee hours of the morning where it gets really difficult to purchase petrol. Stick to simply buying the petrol-only when you are coming back to save money.
- Do not hesitate to ask for preferences; you are going to be paying the car hire company after all? Then go ahead and ask for all the upgrades and car preferences you desire for your comfort.
- Do not skip the rental contract; as a rule of thumb in general, never skip any contract. Read and understand and also ask questions to know exactly what you ought to and ought not to do with the rented car.
- Please don’t just take off after dropping the car; a lot of car rental policies allow you to drop the key in the car and leave but this is often a bad thing to do. Ensure you have an employee check to ensure you left the car in the same state they delivered it to you.
- Never rent a car at the airport; after your flight, you will need a ride, yes, but do everything possible to avoid renting a car at the airport to avoid paying extra fees. What you should do is to rent a car outside of the airport on one of those rental lines
- Do not add extra drivers to the contract; this is unnecessary. If you do add extra drivers you are to pay unavoidable extra fees.
- Don’t forget to check for a gas station; on your way out, scan the area for a gas station you can always buy gas from on your way back.
- Do not skip the discount search; you want to save as much money as possible, so never skip on the discount search in the advertisements.
Now that you know the ten things you shouldn’t do when renting a car, you can finally call up the car hire company.