What exactly are chocolate diamonds? Do they resemble chocolates in size, shape, and weight? These are some of the questions which come to our mind when it comes to these diamonds which have gotten this name. However, they are not exactly chocolaty, or in shape, size and of course not in taste. These are special types of diamonds which come in different colors. Not many of us perhaps would be aware that diamonds apart from being white and perhaps even colorless also come in various other colors. Hence, it would be more appropriate to call them as colored diamonds rather than giving It the name as above. They come in many different colors ranging from yellow to red, green to brown and much more. There is a growing demand for colored diamonds. Hence if you are keen on buying those wonderful chocolate diamond engagement rings and other such things, you will have many reasons to find this article interesting and informative.
How Common Are They
The biggest problem with colored diamonds is that they are not available as freely as white diamond or colorless diamond. Yes, we are talking about naturally occurring colored diamonds and not the synthetic ones. These diamonds extremely rare and this perhaps explains the reason as to why they are more expensive than white diamonds. For every 10000 white diamonds mined, there is only one colored diamond. Further, getting big sized colored diamonds is even more difficult making it extremely rare and expensive. Therefore this is one of the most important points to be kept in mind when you are planning to buy genuine colored diamonds.
They Come In Different Shapes
One of the biggest reasons why there is such a clamor for colored diamonds is perhaps because they come in different sizes and shapes and of course colors. Therefore you could use them as stones for your necklace, or it could be used as a stone for your engagement ring and much more. It stands out very prominently when used against the right background and it could set you apart from the rest of the crowd.
While all this is good, you need to do your research properly and only then should you buy it from the outlets, whether they are brick and mortar or online stores. It would always be better to buy it from brick and mortar stores because you can have a firsthand look at it and they decide to buy it or not buy it. Before buying them, you have to keep a few important things in mind.
- Have a look at the colors and be satisfied that you are buying the right diamond with the right color depth, hue, and spread. The color should be spread all across the diamond, and there should not be light and dark patches here and there.
- Look for colored diamonds that are free from impurities. These impurities get into the diamond during the initial stages of formation, and therefore nothing much can be done about it. The impurities will stand our prominently when you hold out the diamond against the light.
- Further be sure about the way in which the diamonds are cut. Colored diamonds are cut differently when compared to white or colorless diamonds. This ensures that the hues and colors stand out even in the corners and crevices.
- Yes, the weight of the colored diamond is also important, and this will go a long way in finding out whether the diamond is durable or not.
- Cost is another factor which is of paramount importance when you are buying these colored diamonds. You have diamonds which are artificially colored through dying and irradiation. It would be better to stay away from such diamonds. You must realize that you will be buying the colored diamonds only once or twice a year and therefore you must be sure that you get the best value for money out of it.
Hence, before buying that precious colored diamonds, there are quite a few important points which you must always bear in mind. You must do your research and go through the various due diligence process and only then should you get into the buying of that chocolate diamond jewelry.